- Cannelton Lock Main Chamber Closure (OR 720) – Main Chamber will close for repairs July 5th through November 19th. Traffic will pass through the Auxiliary chamber, requiring two cuts for most tows. Expect delays similar to the recent Belleville Lock closure (18-36 Hrs).
- Cheatham Lock Closure (CR 149) – Complete closure began as planned Monday, May 16th and will run through August 5th with 5 openings scheduled to pass traffic. Click here for the closure/opening schedule. Expect six 2-week time periods with 11 days of closure followed by 3 days of unrestricted operation. Delays will climb to 5-10 days depending on arrival in the lock queue and disrupt service to/from Nashville. Click Here for ACBL’s Commercial Update to our Customers impacted by this closure.
- Cumberland River Closure for Bridge Span Install (CR 1) – In September, expect a 3-7 day closure near the intersection of the Cumberland River with the Ohio River for the installation of a new bridge span in Smithland, KY. Further details to come.
- Pickwick Lock Main Chamber Closure (TR 206) – During a routine inspection, a potential structural issue was found in the Main Chamber and as a result the chamber is closed to navigation effective immediately (May 24th). Auxilliary chamber is still in available for transit and can run 9-regulation barges. Industry will be closely watching for the results of further inspections and expect delays to worsen if the chamber requires immediate repairs.
- Belleville Lock (OR 204) Main Chamber Reopened– Repairs at Belleville Lock have completed ahead of schedule on 6/24. As of this morning, transit has resumed normal operations.
- Ohio River Delays for Shoaling at Cumberland Bar (OR 926) – Due to shoaling and draft concerns below Smithland (OR 920-926), transit has been delayed since Sunday, 6/19. ACBL’s Port Captains sounded the area and transit has resumed on a case-by-case basis. Drafts have been reduced to 10′ full river on the Ohio, and a majority of the heavier drafting equipment has transited the area. Industry is requesting a dredge to work this area to secure safe transit as we head into the dry season.
- Brandon Road Lock Restriction and Closure 2022 -Repair Closures begin May 9th, and will carry through September 8th. First phase is a Daytime hour closure, with a 70’ width restriction when lock is open nightly. August 15th thru September 4th will see a Full Closure. We are currently seeing approx. 9-hrs delay and had 2 tow waiting this morning. Click Here for ACBL’s Commercial Update to our Customers impacted by the full closure this August.
- Illinois River Closure near Peoria (IR 166) – Due to a sunken tug vessel in the channel, the Illinois River was closed to transit Saturday night 6/25. Salvage operations are underway today and expect to resume transit sometime this evening. Expect delays to last through Wed, 6/29.
- Mel Price Main Chamber Closure – Main Chamber closed Dec 2022- Mar 2023 for Liftgate Replacement and Lock Dewatering.
- Starved Rock, Marseilles, Dresden Island, Brandon Rock Lock Closure 2023 – All 4 Locks will have a full closure June Thru September 2023 for repairs.
Lower Miss/Gulf/Canals/Tenn Tom
- Norrell Lock (AK 10) – Projecting intermittent closures for repairs and a 70′ width restriction starting June 1st, 2022 thru September 19th with a full closure August 1st thru 10th. Intermittent closures will resume September 30th thru January 1st, 2023, with a full closure September 30th thru October 9th.
- Lower Miss Revetment and Bank Securing (LM 807) – Revetment project is out of the channel and no longer impacting traffic. The Kacie Luhr is the onsite contact vessel and will standby on VHF 13 or 72, or phone 573-803-7931.
- Old River Lock (LM 305) – Will be closed to navigation commencing on approximately 30 August 2022 and continuing through approximately 13 November 2022, for installation of two miter gates and repairing lock chamber expansion joints, which will necessitate the continuous closure.
- Harahan Daily Closure (LM 107) – Daily closure starting July 7th until approximately July 20th for power line work. One way traffic from 04:00 – 07:00. Complete closure from 07:00-13:00. One way traffic from 13:00-16:00.
- Algiers Lock Restrictions – Tows 60′ wide restricted to 600′ total length. Tows less than 60′ wide restricted to 700′ total length. Two 30K barges or Four regulation barges able to lock through in one go, but greater configurations require assistance. Potentially two weeks of DAYTIME closures in July 2022, Monday thru Thursday to support the deployment of divers to patch a crack. Additionally, USACE anticipates a few DAYTIME closures in the fall to address lock joint repairs.
- Bayou Sorrel Daytime Closures (PA 37) – Since March 17th, Bayou Sorrel has a planned closure 06:30 – 17:00 Monday through Thursday for repairs. The lock resumed normal operations on May 6th, but is planning to resume the closure on July 11th. Projected to last till Feb 28th, 2023.
- Bayou Sorrel Bridge Closures (PA 37) – Daytime restrictions were postponed 06/08 while spud repairs were completed and are expected to resume on July 5th. Estimated that fender repairs will take six weeks to complete once resumed. The bridge will not open Monday thru Thursday from 07-11:00 and 13-17:00 to facilitate repair operations.
- Bayou Beouf Closure – Note in July or August 2022 USACE anticipates needing 2-3 days of FULL 24 hours closures to repair two (2) damaged hinges. USACE will repair one hinge, reopen lock to traffic to clear any queue and then complete the second and final hinge repair.
- Calcasieu Lock Closure (WC 239) – Daylight Closures 0700 – 1800 Mon – Thurs March 22nd through August 25th. Expect 12-24 hrs delay and potentially more pending ability to clear the backlog daily. 19 tows awaiting lockage as of this morning.
- Brazzos Floodgates (WC 401) – Daylight Closures 0700 – 1700 Mon – Fri through 01 July 2022. Expect 24-36 hrs delay.
- Inner Harbor Navigation Canal – USACE anticipates work should begin this fall (Nov/Dec). Some DAYTIME closures are expected, but timing is unknown at this time. Majority of work should not require lock closures.
- Demopolis Lock (TT 213.20) – Locking restriction of “Red Flag” barges will be starting June 6th from 06:00 to 16:30 Monday thru Saturday for approximately 5-6 weeks.
- Lower Tombigbee Historic Low Water – Proceed with extreme caution when transiting TT116.6 and below. Forecasted through July 3rd.