Skip to content
ACBL’s Daily River Conditions
Updated Monday, June 21, 2021
Today’s Key Issues
- Gulf and Canals Weather Update – We are currently watching the progress and track of Potential Tropical Storm Claudette in the Gulf. Heavy rain expected across the Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama coasts through the weekend. See the latest updates on this storm here.
- Olmsted Locks and Dam (ORM 964.6) – Project personnel have resumed raising wickets. Effective 0830 CDT on 6-16-21, navigation traffic will transition to the Lock Chambers.
- Bayou Sorrel Reopened- Bayou Sorrel Lock (PA 37) has reopened on 6/12 following a month-long closure since 5/11. USACE dredging 6/10 – 7/8 will drive minimal impact to navigation. Potential for the upcoming storm event to impact Port Allen route navigation 6/21 – 6/26.
- Meldahl Locks and Dam (OR 436) – Main chamber repairs will begin 5/17 and run through 6/29. Will use the Auxiliary chamber. Expect intermittent full closures TBA.
- Cheatham Locks and Dam Full Closure (CR 149) – Full closure for repairs will run through 7/15 with intermittent openings to clear the queue. Next 3 day opening to run traffic through the lock will be 6-25-21 to 6-28-21.
- Tenn-Tom Lock Closures – A barge allision with the spillway is driving a closure to the Tom Bevil lock (TT 307) since noon 6/12. Salvors enroute and expect to resolve over the weekend. Stennis Lock (TT 334.7) is open, but only to local traffic between Stennis and Tom Bevil locks. These closures block access from Mobile to the Tennessee just below Columbus, MS. See pics of the barge against the locks here.
- Warrior-Tom Closure for Lock Repairs – Maintenance will close the Warrior-Tom at Bankhead and Oliver Locks 6/24 through 7/23. This is a full 30-day closure which will cut-off access to Birmingham and Tuscaloosa.
River Closure & Restricted Movements