At ACBL, the safety of our team, the marine environment, and our customers’ cargoes is our operating priority.
ACBL is an industry leader in safety performance with a significant percentage of our towboat fleet recognized by the Chamber of Shipping of America with the prestigious Jones F. Devlin Award for Safety.
We are proud to provide our customers with the safest mode of bulk transportation. Barging results in significantly fewer spills and injuries than rail or trucking.
Our Marine Assurance and Vetting team is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the stringent vetting requirements of our customers in partnership with their marine assurance teams and through a focus on the third-party vetting of vendors.
ACBL partners with and participates in industry and government programs which foster continuous safety improvement:
- Member of the American Chemistry Council’s Responsible Care Partnership Program
- Certified by the American Waterways Operators’ Responsible Carrier Program
- Partnership with the U.S. Coast Guard
- Enrollment in the Tank Barge Streamlined Inspection Program
- Host of a bridging program to educate the Coast Guard on inland barge transportation
- Implementation of Crew Endurance Management